Terms and conditions
- “Customer” means any person or business who purchases Goods and Services from the “Supplier”.
- “Goods” means the articles specified in the Proposal or any part thereof. Whether by means of sale, hire, rental or otherwise and whether the property of Anglia Lime Company or distributed by Anglia Lime Company as agents for another.
- “Supplier” means Aviland Ltd trading as Anglia Lime Company of Fishers Farm, Belchamp Walter, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 7AP.
- These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the supply of Goods and Services by the Supplier to the Customer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Customer.
3. The Order
The Supplier reserves the right to accept or refuse any order given on the basis of its quotations. In the event of the refusal of any order, no damages or expenses of any kind shall be payable by the Supplier.
The Supplier offers a mortar and paint matching service, and whilst the supplier endeavors to colour match to the sample supplied by the customer, an exact match may not always be possible due to the limitations of the specialist materials used. The Customer is responsible for providing details of previously ordered products.
- The Supplier offers guidance on the most suitable product for the Customers application however no responsibility can be accepted for the suitability of the products for the specific application on- site. It is the responsibility of the Customer to check the guidance given in the technical application guides and to undertake trials on site to ensure the suitability of the product. This is especially important in old buildings where is not always possible to know exactly how the substrate has been treated in the past.
4. Price and payment
- The price for the Goods and Services shall be as specified in the quotation (valid for one month) / order. The goods shall remain the property of the Supplier until payment has been received and cleared through the Suppliers bank, but they shall be at the risk of the Customer from the date of delivery. If the Customer fails to make any payment within the agreed terms the Supplier shall be entitled to charge interest on the outstanding balance at the rate of up to 8% above the HSBC base rate. Account facilities are available on application, providing the application is successful following credit checks and references. The Supplier reserves the right to refuse to extend account facilities. All major debit and credit cards are accepted (excl. AmEx). Printed price lists are subject to alteration without notice by the Supplier. The price charged shall be that ruling at the date of order irrespective as to when the goods arrive at the Customers premises.
- All printed prices exclude VAT & Delivery except where specified.
- Refer to the delivery section of the website for more details.
- The risk in the goods shall pass to the Customer on delivery / acceptance of goods.
- The Supplier reserves the right to change the requested delivery date and will endeavor to contact the Customer to inform of any changes.
- The Supplier shall not be liable for any loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the goods.
- The Supplier will not be responsible for any re-delivery charges incurred as a result of any access restrictions, unsuitable surface to offload on to, or for any other reason outside of its control. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the Supplier has full information concerning the delivery.
- The customer is responsible for the unloading of the delivery unless otherwise arranged with the Supplier.
- The Supplier cannot accept any responsibility for the way in which goods are used or stored or for any consequential loss of any description incurred by the Customer or for any damage caused directly or indirectly by the goods.
- The Customer must check the goods upon receipt and note any discrepancies, damages etc on the delivery note.
- The Supplier does not operate its own delivery service. All deliveries are carried out by independent haulage contractors on the Customers behalf.
- Any complaints regarding the delivery must be notified to our office within 24 hours, in order for us to pass these comments onto the transport company.
6. Cancellations, returns, and refunds
- Any complaint about the goods must be notified in writing to the Supplier within 3 days of delivery of the goods.
- The decision by the Supplier about any alleged defect shall be final and conclusive.
- Any orders cancelled prior to dispatch by the Customer shall be subject to an administration charge (minimum £25) and any charges incurred as a result of the order being placed e.g. manufacturing / labour charge, bank charges.
- The Supplier can only assist with the estimate of quantities of goods required. It is the Customer’s responsibility to check any calculations before determining the actual quantity ordered. The Supplier cannot accept any responsibility for any costs incurred or any consequential loss as a result of incorrect quantities being ordered.
- The Customer should satisfy themselves using the technical sheets provided that the product is suitable for their particular application.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the colour of products in any promotional literature including our website but due the limitations of printed and / or technology, we strongly recommend that sample products are purchased for testing in- situ prior to the full order being placed. The Supplier cannot be held responsible for any direct or indirect loss or damage caused by any inaccuracies.
- As part of their quality management system, the Supplier does not accept returns as most of the goods are time and environment sensitive.
- If returns are authorised by the Supplier, they will be subject to a collection charge at cost and handling charge of 20%.
7 Waste and packaging
- The Customer is responsible for the disposal of any waste arising from the goods and should comply with all applicable laws, regulations and waste management licences relating to such waste.
8. Limitation of liability
- The Supplier shall not be liable under any circumstances to the Customer or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the Customer howsoever caused as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise.
9. Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court. If any of these Product Terms is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Product Terms which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The information contained in the above terms and conditions is complete at time of publishing. Anglia Lime Company reserve the right to amend at their discretion and without prior notice. Anglia Lime Company is owned and operated by Aviland Limited. Registered Office address 11 Whitchurch Parade, Whitchurch Lane, Edgware. HA8 6LR Registered Number 08235593 Vat Number: GB 390511957